Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Valentine's!

Okay, so it's a little late, but Colton and I just celebrated yesterday. I drove down to Bham on wednesday evening, and came back in time for math class (yuck!!!) today.

So we had all of yesterday to spend together!

We:
-ate a greek lunch with Mark and April
-explored
-had several foot races and jumping competitions (Colton won all of them as usual, dang it.)
-found a log in a kudzoo jungle to sit on and talk
-searched the going-out-of-business blockbuster for cheap movies
-had some ice cream at brusters
-biked and longboarded around the neighborhood til dinner (including some pretty sweeeet hills.)
-ate dinner at Cafe Dupont, which I highly recommend if you're looking for an expensive but delicious meal. I had the lamb duet - leg and chops, with sauteed cabbage garnished with rosemary, golden raisins, and pecans. It's the best thing I've ever eaten. It was such a treat!!!

(Plus, they serve local ingredients and are supporters of the "slow food" movement, which my mother and sister would approve of. Good choice, Colton! Here's the website, if you're interested: http://www.cafedupont.net/)

-packed for Colton's trip. (He got a call about a gig a few days ago... he's in Atlanta today and tomorrow AC'ing for a short)

It was the best (belated) Valentine's day ever. And maybe the best day ever in general. Colton and I agreed that we thought we had never loved each other more. Isn't that nice about love? It just grows and grows!


Also. I'm dying for a tandem bike.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, this post makes me happy :)

    I can totally see you and Colton on a tandem bike. You guys are cool like that.

    (I'd just fall off onto the ground and break something if Mark and I tried to do that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a blog!!
    Kelly, I miss your kindred spirit.
    Please post pictures of as many weddingly things as you have! hahaha

    ReplyDelete