Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weddings on the Brain

It's a summer of weddings! At least 20 people from my graduating class are tying the knot this summer. That's great, but we're all really close, and so it's really hard to choose which weddings to go to, and which to miss. One of Colton's film friends won't be able to attend our wedding because he's a groomsman in another on the same day a few states away. We'll miss you, Bryan Boling!

It's nice to be able to focus more on wedding things now that I'm out of school. I found it really hard to prioritize at the end of semester, so the wedding was put on the backburner.

But I think it's all coming together now. I love the bridesmaids outfits. Here are a few of them, although there are nine altogether. (I couldn't find pictures of the others, but one is cream, one is a blue skirt and floral top, and the last for Cassie is a demin chambray dress her grandmother is making! So nice.)







I'm trying to come up with ways to save money but still have special details - for the centerpieces, instead of having flowers only, I'm going to make paper flowers and birds out of scrapbook paper to display bouquet-style in mason jars. If you have any good patterns, please let me know!

Colton's getting really ancy to get married. I am too, really - we're both just so excited. We're in the home stretch!

6 comments:

  1. I love weddings. One thing we did rather then flowers on all the tables was candles and rose petals, way cheaper! Have fun wedding planning!! Oh another really cute idea, I went to a wedding where they had a number on each table and on the sign they had a picture of each the bride and groom at the table numbers age, pretty awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfits! I know your wedding will be stunning -- and you will be, too. But the best part will be that you'll be married! Andrew and I are both getting really anxious now... and we're both in my brother's wedding this Saturday. Weddings, weddings, weddings!

    Oh, and I don't know if you're familiar, but ruffledblog.com is a good resource site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Keep blogging, Smell! So sad I'm missing your big day :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the outfits! :) So pretty!

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, these are the BEST bridesmaid outfits I've seen.
    so adorable.
    you're gonna have an awesome wedding-filled summer!

    ReplyDelete