Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thursday, it is Thursday, Hey!



Hey, look! Becca tagged me in this whatever it is. April says I'm supposed to post five things about myself, and so here we go.

1) I've had pica since I was a kiddo. (Well. I'm self diagnosed. But I don't see any other reason that I would have these cravings if I didn't, unless I'm just a world class weirdo.) In case you don't know what that means, pica is a disorder in which someone regularly eats non-food items. I always liked rubber based things, like erasers, glue, and rubber cement (which you really shouldn't eat, by the way...). Also playdough, string, paper, lollipop sticks, and an assortment of backyard plants. I now realize that this behavior is socially unacceptable, so I don't eat anything like that anymore :)
(But honestly... it still tastes the same.)

2) I'm really bad at song lyrics. I can't understand/hear them half the time, and even if I do, I can't remember them while I sing. I just make stuff up. This can pose a problem sometimes. The other day, I wanted my college minister's wife to hear Vampire Weekend, which is a pretty fantastic band. Unfortunately, I decided to post a video of Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa, which *used* to be my favorite song by them. But after I hit "Send", I understood the lyrics for the first time. Not good!!! The chorus goes something along the lines of "Do you want to f*** like you know I do? Like you know I do-oooooh-oooooooh-oooooooh-oooooooh?" Thank goodness I deleted it before she listened :)

3) I love to swim, but I'm not very good at it. I wore water wings until I 12, and then took YMCA swim lessons. Everyone else in the class was three or four.

4) I love, love, love buying clothes at goodwill, the samaritan center, etc. For one thing, I'm poor. For another, I have an insatiable fondness for high-waisted, pleated shorts. I have recently realized that the back view is perhaps not the most flattering for the derriere, but there's just something about them that I can't resist.

5) I used to wish I was either asian (because I was looking through this book of haircuts when I was a kid and stumbled upon this radical variation of a bowl cut. I begged my mother to cut my hair like that, but she said that cut only worked on people with stick-straight hair.) or American Indian. (because I had a Hiawatha book, and I had quite the crush on Hiawatha.)



So that's me!
By the way, I'm at April's for the week!!! It's been wonderful. I'll blog about it soon, and I have pictures to post :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating, Kelly!
    Ha ha ha ha ha
    This is so fun!
    And really funny.
    The sort-of-sad thing is that I JUST downloaded a bunch of Vampire Weekend because I've heard one or two of their songs, and I guess I'm bad at lyrics too. Crap I'm going to delete that song now. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! congrats on the award!
    and i love shopping at the goodwill and salvation army too!!! you can't beat those prices!

    ReplyDelete