Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday!

I'm following the leads of Lauren (http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com) and my lovely sister (http://markandaprilskinner.blogspot.com) Here we go!



1) If I could choose my last meal it would be mashed redskinned potatoes (and/or) crispy potato skins with barbecue on top, sauteed mushrooms, perfectly tendercrisp asparagus, grilled salmon, WHOLE milk, and homemede cinnamon swirl sourdough for dessert :)

2) My favorite person to share a meal with is My mom and sister April (and possibly Colton too) because they appreciate good food just as much as I do. And we talk and laugh the entire meal, which makes everything taste that much better. And Colton's just so darn cute.

3) The best meal I've ever had was a sandwich I ate while I was hiking. It was just ham and provolone on wheat bread (no crust), but I had been going uphill for at least two hours and was totally ravenous when we perched on a big rock for a lunch break. That sandwich tasted like a dream :)

4) The one food that makes me feel instantly better if I'm having a bad day is buttered bread. I just love carbs. Ice cream would do, too... especially Ben and Jerry's cinnamon bun, or Haagen Dazs (Man. How in the world do you spell that?) Dulce de Leche. Or straight up whipped cream

5) My absolute specialty in the kitchen is key lime pie. It's the best recipe I've ever tasted! I cooked some pretty kick butt pasta the other night, though... fettucini in a lemon parmesan sauce topped with asparagus and seared scallops... mmm!!!

6) The city that has the best food is hmm, that's a hard one. I've really not done that much traveling, but I'd have to go with Hilton Head/ Savannah. There's some out of this world seafood there. And my favorite restaurant there is The Pirate's Cove (?) I had swordfish there for the first time, and it was to die for. Also, I seem to remember them having good she-crab soup, but I could have it mixed up with another place... alot of the seafood places sortof ran together in my head. But there's also the plus of them having interesting pirate-y history.

7) My favorite healthy snack is granny smith apples with peanut butter, honey, and rice crispies stuck to it. (I know the cereal part sounds weird, but it adds such a delicious crunch!) I also really like fresh smoothies. I had one yesterday with banana, strawberry, lime, and fresh mint. No sugar added! It was delicious.

8) In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is Asian. I can't get enough Thai, and I also love chinese, japanese, and sushi.

9) If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!) I'd choose homemade pasta. I'm going to attempt it soon! It's impressive and delicious. Also, I'd love to make creme brulee, and torch the sugar and everything, but I think that'd be really bad for my cholesterol, because I'd probably make it once a week :)

10) The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was chocolate bread pudding at Chez LuLu's in Birmingham. I mean goodness gracious! It was delicious.


Well that made me really hungry. I'm going to go drink some morning coffee and snack on french bread toast. See ya!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about the bread pudding!! Soooo good.

    And I also have always wanted to try homemade pasta. When are you making it? I might have to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love Key Lime Pie & anything Thai or sushi.

    Funny your sandwich on the top of the rock brought me back to a meal I thought was just perfectly amazing until I tried it again the second time.

    The first time was right after I gave birth to my daughter and I was ravenously hungry after many hours of work. They handed me a cold grilled cheese sandwich & fries. I can't tell you how good it was!! The next day I ordered one again (not something I would usually order in the first place) and it was just plain awful even though this time it was hot.

    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Sarah... what a letdown, though :)

    Circumstances really make all the difference.

    And April... I don't know when I'm going to try it! Hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete