Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, September 13, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend! Part 1.

Hey!!!
So. Colton came to visit (and teach some film workshops) from wednesday to monday morning! My goodness, how excited I was. We had the best weekend. I have a ton of pictures, but I'm going to try and post them a little bit at a time so I won't have super long posts.

At the workshop, I worked under Glen, who I've worked with a few times on other sets. He's the most excellent gaffer/electrician. One of the hardest workers I've ever met! And he's lightning fast. He taught me how to put up an HMI, and change lenses and scrims. I also learned a little more about how to work C-stands (they have a million knobs!) and learned the color bands of different levels of diffusion. Maybe I'll be a lighting guy when I grow up :)

(just kidding, I think.)


Later that afternoon, Colton and I (and Bryce, too. Of the Grecian Urns, check them out on itunes!) (ps, sorry I always advertise, but they really are phenomenal, and are trying to finish paying for college.) went to a lawnmower race! I pass the track everytime I drive from my house to the school, but I've never actually seen a race. We stayed for quite a few hours, and met the coolest people. I had TONS of fun. Here's a sneak peek at some photos to come!

The super mod twin division tearing up the track!


Engine Trouble.

Little Spectators



And big ones :)

3 comments:

  1. So fun!! I'm glad you got to see Colton for several days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I just love your pictures!
    And I think I'm finding out...you're smart.
    Agh!
    You always talk about such confusing things, like photography or lighting or Bible knowledge....smart girls are awesome!
    I'm just gonna look at your pictures now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, Mr. Palmer was telling us about the lawnmower race in class this morning!

    ReplyDelete