Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Found objects

Hello there!
I rarely share links, as there are few websites that I frequent...

But I can't resist this one. It is my latest obsession.
These are all things that people find on the pavement, in the laudromat, on a post, in an abandoned house...
Given my penchant for all things preowned, I just can't help but fall in love with these little lost bits of people's lives. They're shopping lists, forgotten letters, old photographs and negatives, and diary entries. They're each like little archaeological digs, telling something about the people that came before.

Here are some of my favorites today.

Poor kid. Just because you wonder what would happen if you shot a cop doesn't mean you're a snot... you're just curious about how these worldly systems work :)
I can't describe how much I love this kid.
I'm not sure about ramen being tasty, but it's charming nonetheless.
I love when people make ordinary things, like shopping lists, personal.
Stretchy Pants.
This sortof makes me sad, but I also think it's hilarious. I hope cousin Tommy and friend got their candies.
Mmm, lollies!


It's okay, bud. Popcorn does that to the best of us.
I think the teacher should have given them at least ten points for style.



The caption on this find was as follows: (I think it's neccesary for the full impact)
While driving in early December, I hit a duck. It was either hit the duck or cause a multiple-car accident. The duck was flying one foot above the ground, looking disoriented. Plus, I think it was selling drugs to kids. But usually when you hit an animal, the animal does not attach itself to the vehicle. So I didn't think anything of it. And when I got back to my car, there was this attached note. But, there was no duck. So, in the course of 3 hours: -I hit a duck with my car. -I didn't notice the duck when I left my car. -Somebody else did notice, tried to claim it for themselves, and when they couldn't, they left a note. -A third party (human or not) also noticed the duck, and was able to successfully remove it. Also notice in the upper left hand corner of the note, what looks like 'PL2' I believe is actually 'PLZ'. For a while, I was worried that these two guys carry around a collection of template lunch bags and the one they use for stuck ducks is 'PL2'. And, before you ask, the duck was not (to the best of my knowledge) selling quack.


For more finds of the day, go to http://www.foundmagazine.com/

4 comments:

  1. How cute! Aw, sweet kids notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW. I love kids :) I applied yesterday for a job in the preschool on campus! I HOPE I get it!! It would make me the happiest girl ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool. I used to follow a blog that was all about bookmarks and things people find stuffed in old books.

    ReplyDelete