Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, September 20, 2010

MMM.

I have made a brilliant new discovery:
Gaea Cooking Sauce!!!
All the delicious flavor of Greece,
In a Jar,
Purchased for 2 Dollars at the Food Pantry
(What can I say. I'm a starving college student, newly off the meal plan.)

Here's what I did:

I sauteed some mushrooms in butter and put some penne on the burner.
Once the mushrooms were lovely and brown, I added some leftover grilled chicken,
about 1/4 to 1/8 pint of heavy cream, and a few tablespoons of this sauce!
(I shook in a little extra sugar, basil, salt, and pepper just for good measure)

Then I just added the pasta, and voila!
Enough deliciousness to last me a few days :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmm. I love that you shop cheap! I'm not a college student but still always broke, so it's awesome :)
    What are "All the delicious flavors of Greece"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know... feta, sundried tomatoes, olives, peppers, goat cheese... that sort of stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good! I will have to keep my eye out for that sauce. I love "all the delicious flavors of Greece"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. I use something similar. Those are lifesavers, especially when you are on a tight budget.

    I am Fickle Cattle.

    ReplyDelete